Boston University defeats Hartford 84-70Jan 9, 2010 - 10:00 PM HARTFORD, Conn.(AP) -- John Holland scored 32 points and Corey Lowe added 31 in Boston University's 84-70 win over Hartford on Saturday.
Carlos Strong added 14 points as the America East Conference's top scoring team (69.6 points per game) handed the Hawks (2-13, 0-2) their 11th straight loss.
The Terriers (7-8, 2-1) trailed 17-13 after Hartford's Joel Barkers made a three-point play with 9:53 left in the first half. But Boston University answered with a 12-2 run.
Holland, who had eight points during the spurt, put the Terriers ahead 25-19 on a 3-pointer with 7:09 left until halftime. The Hawks didn't threaten the rest of the way.
Boston University shot 47.8 percent form the field (22 of 46) and 57.6 percent from 3-point range (10 of 21).
Barkers finished with 18 points and Ryan Baker had 12 for Hartford. Morgan Sabia had a double-double for the Hawks with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- American takes down BU to win Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Eagles and Terriers meet for Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19
- Cardinals go in search of 20th straight win Nov 19
- No. 19 UConn cruises past Boston University Nov 17
- Terriers seek upset of 19th-ranked Huskies Nov 17
- Hartford's Gallagher gets four-year extension Sep 18
- No. 25 Harvard downs BU Dec 10