Vermont defeats Albany 71-54Jan 10, 2010 - 11:56 PM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Maurice Joseph scored 19 points and Marqus Blakely added 14, leading Vermont to its fifth straight win, 71-54 over Albany (N.Y.) on Sunday.
Joseph led Vermont (12-5, 3-0 America East Conference) with three 3-pointers. The Catamounts, who have won 10 of their past 11, finished 7-for-17 from beyond the arc (41.2 percent).
The Great Danes were just 2-for-13 from long range (15.4 percent).
Vermont also sank 20 of 25 free throws (80 percent), while Albany finished 18 of 26 from the charity stripe (69.2 percent).
The Catamounts led by 12 at the break and outscored Albany 37-32 to seal it in the second half. Vermont extended its road winning streak to eight games.
Tim Ambrose and Scotty McRae scored 16 points apiece to lead the Great Danes (5-12, 0-2), who have dropped six of their past seven.
Blakely added nine rebounds, six assists and four blocks for Vermont.
- Vermont basketball player suspended for reselling textbooks Dec 24
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20
- Great Danes and Mountaineers tip off NCAA Tournament action Mar 18
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24