Wright leads Binghamton past Stony Brook 64-62Jan 13, 2010 - 3:51 AM VESTAL, N.Y.(AP) -- Greer Wright scored a career-high 27 points and hit a 15-foot jumper with 1.8 seconds left to lift Binghamton to a 64-62 win over Stony Brook on Tuesday night.
Wright split a double-team before making the shot for the Bearcats (7-11, 2-1 America East Conference), who have won three of their past four games and snapped the Seawolves' four-game winning streak.
Bryan Dougher, who was 7-for-12 from 3-point range for Stony Brook (11-6, 3-1), tied the game at 62 on a 3-pointer with 9 seconds left. After Wright's shot, Dougher barely missed a desperation 52-footer at the buzzer. The shot banked off the backboard and off the front rim.
Wright, who was 11-for-19 from the floor, scored nine points in the final 4:11.
Moussa Camara contributed 12 points for the Bearcats and Chretien Lukusa had 11 points.
Dougher led the Seawolves with 21 points and Muhammad El-Amin had 16.
- NCAA BB
STONY BROOK 62
BINGHAMTON 64 FINAL
Jan 12 8:57 PM
- NCAA BB
STONY BROOK 26
BINGHAMTON 31 HALFTIME
Jan 12 7:49 PM
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15
- Fair, Cooney lead No. 4 Syracuse in rout of Binghamton Dec 7