Boston U. knocks off UMBC 75-63Jan 13, 2010 - 2:32 AM BOSTON(AP) -- John Holland scored 25 points and Corey Lowe and Jake O'Brien scored 20 each to lead Boston University to a 75-63 victory over Maryland-Baltimore County on Tuesday night.
The trio combined to hit 10 of the Terriers' 11 3-pointers, with Lowe going 5-for-8 from beyond the arc as Boston U. (8-8, 3-1 America East Conference) won its third straight game.
The Terriers ended the first half on a 13-5 run to break a tie and take a 36-28 lead.
Holland had a dunk and hit a 3-pointer for a 30-24 advantage with 3:24 remaining and then finished the half with a buzzer-beating layup for an eight-point advantage.
The Retrievers (1-14, 0-2) couldn't get closer than six points in the second half.
Holland added 10 rebounds.
Chauncey Gilliam and Chris De La Rosa scored 13 points each, Jake Wasco had 12 points and 13 rebounds and Adrian Satchell added 10 points for UMBC.
roots#1 Cards Fan Added 10 roots
Maryland-Baltimore County 63, Boston University 75 FinalJan 13 8:00 AM
rootsLMPtG1 Added 5 roots
Maryland-Baltimore County 63, Boston University 75 FinalJan 13 12:00 AM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 75 FINAL
Jan 12 8:51 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 36 HALFTIME
Jan 12 7:58 PM
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- American takes down BU to win Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Eagles and Terriers meet for Patriot League crown Mar 12
- No. 19 UConn cruises past Boston University Nov 17
- Terriers seek upset of 19th-ranked Huskies Nov 17
- UMBC's Monroe resigns Oct 10
- Hoosiers stay hot in rout of UMBC Dec 22
- High-flying Hoosiers entertain hapless Retrievers Dec 22
- No. 25 Harvard downs BU Dec 10
- Area rivals meet in clash between Crimson and Terriers Dec 10
- Jones leaves BC for BU Jun 23