New Hampshire holds off Albany 67-59Jan 14, 2010 - 3:41 AM DURHAM, N.H.(AP) -- Alvin Abreu and Dane DiLiegro scored 13 points apiece, leading New Hampshire in a 67-59 win over Albany (N.Y.) on Wednesday night.
DiLiegro also grabbed 13 boards for the Wildcats (6-8, 1-2 America East Conference), who snapped a three-game losing skid. Russell Graham added 11 points, while Radar Onguetou and Colbey Santos had 10 apiece.
With the game tied at 6, Graham hit a 3-pointer to spark a 6-0 New Hampshire run and the Wildcats led the rest of the way. New Hampshire led 34-26 at halftime.
Will Harris scored 20 points and pulled down 11 rebounds for the Great Danes (5-13, 0-3), who have dropped three in a row. Logan Aronhalt added 12 points and Tim Ambrose had 10.
Albany lost despite tallying more points in the paint than New Hampshire (28-16), more bench points (29-13) and more second-chance points (12-11).
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20
- Great Danes and Mountaineers tip off NCAA Tournament action Mar 18
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22