Hartford ends skid with 74-68 win over UMBCJan 15, 2010 - 2:25 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Joe Zeglinski scored 18 points to lead Hartford to a 74-68 victory over Maryland-Baltimore County on Thursday night, ending the Hawks' 11-game losing streak.
Joel Barkers added 16 points as Hartford (3-13, 1-2 America East Conference) won for the first time since defeating Fordham 70-62 on Nov. 21.
The Hawks took a 69-65 lead on Milton Burton's jumper with 1:56 remaining and extended it to 71-65 on Zeglinski's two free throws one minute later.
Burton hit one free throw and Charles White added two in the final 28 seconds to send UMBC (1-15, 0-3) to its sixth consecutive loss.
Morgan Sabia hit four 3-pointers to finish with 15 points and Burton added 13 points for the Hawks, who were 18-for-21 from the free throw line (85.7 percent).
Adrian Satchell scored 16, Chris De La Rosa had 12 and Shawn Grant and Matt Spadafora added 10 points each for UMBC.
- NCAA BB
UMBC 68 FINAL
Jan 14 8:52 PM
- NCAA BB
UMBC 35 HALFTIME
Jan 14 7:51 PM
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19
- Cardinals go in search of 20th straight win Nov 19
- Hartford's Gallagher gets four-year extension Sep 18
- UMBC's Monroe resigns Oct 10
- Hoosiers stay hot in rout of UMBC Dec 22
- High-flying Hoosiers entertain hapless Retrievers Dec 22
- Notre Dame steamrolls UMBC Dec 22
- Walker's triple-double guides UConn over UMBC Dec 3
- Leibovitz abruptly resigns as Hartford coach Apr 13
- Vermont routs Maryland-Baltimore County 76-59 Mar 6