Hartford beats New Hampshire 56-53Jan 17, 2010 - 12:39 AM HARTFORD, Conn.(AP) -- Joe Zeglinski scored 26 points, leading Hartford to a 56-53 win against New Hampshire on Saturday.
Kevin Estes added 11 points and Morgan Sabia tied a career-high 11 rebounds for the Hawks (4-13, 2-2 America East Conference), who have won back to back games since dropping 11 straight.
The Hawks shot 90.9 percent from the foul line (10-for-11) compared to just a 54.2 mark (13-for-24) for New Hampshire.
After trailing by five points at halftime, the Hawks took the lead for good at 40-39 on a pair of Zeglinski free throws with 7:33 to play. Zeglinski, who scored 21 of his points in the second half, hit two more to put Hartford ahead 56-50 with 14 seconds left.
James Valladares hit a late 3-pointer to pull New Hampshire within the final margin.
Alvin Abreu scored 19 points and Valladares had 11 to lead the Wildcats (6-8, 1-2), who have lost four of five.
- NCAA BB
NEW HAMPSHIRE 53
HARTFORD 56 FINAL
Jan 16 6:02 PM
- NCAA BB
NEW HAMPSHIRE 24
HARTFORD 19 HALFTIME
Jan 16 4:48 PM
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19
- Cardinals go in search of 20th straight win Nov 19
- Hartford's Gallagher gets four-year extension Sep 18
- Walker scores 30 as UConn holds off New Hampshire Nov 30
- Leibovitz abruptly resigns as Hartford coach Apr 13
- Vermont beats New Hampshire 57-38 in America East Mar 7
- New Hampshire beats Maine 68-57, moves on to semis Mar 6