Vermont defeats Boston University 75-58Jan 17, 2010 - 10:05 PM BURLINGTON, Va.(AP) -- Garvey Young and Maurice Joseph scored 14 points apiece to help Vermont beat Boston University 75-58 for its sixth straight win on Sunday.
The Catamounts (13-5, 4-0 America East Conference) opened the game strong, taking a 20-2 lead on Garrett Kissel's layup with 10 minutes left in the first half. The Terriers (9-9, 4-2) turned the ball over four times and shot 1-for-14 in the opening 10 minutes.
Vermont, which had 11 players score, had 18 assists and just eight turnovers. The Catamounts outrebounded Boston U. 42-31 and scored 20 second chance points.
Marqus Blakely scored 11 points and Evan Fjeld added 10 for the Catamounts, who have won 10 of their last 11.
The Terriers, who trailed 33-14 at halftime, shot just 16.7 percent in the first half.
Jim Holland scored 21 points and Corey Lowe added 18 for Boston U., which snapped a four-game winning streak.
- Vermont basketball player suspended for reselling textbooks Dec 24
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- American takes down BU to win Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Eagles and Terriers meet for Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24
- Vermont comes calling on No. 6 Duke Nov 24
- No. 19 UConn cruises past Boston University Nov 17
- Terriers seek upset of 19th-ranked Huskies Nov 17
- Iati lifts Albany over Vermont in America East title game Mar 16
- Albany takes on Vermont in America East title tilt Mar 16
- Napier, UConn top Vermont Nov 13