Blakely's 24 leads Vermont past Hartford 76-64Jan 20, 2010 - 2:41 AM BURLINGTON, Vt.(AP) -- Marqus Blakely scored 24 points and grabbed seven rebounds to lead Vermont to a 76-64 win over Hartford on Tuesday night.
Evan Fjeld finished with 15 points and a game-high eight rebounds for the Catamounts (14-5, 5-0 America East Conference), who have won 12 of their last 13 games. Garvey Young had 11 points, shooting 9-for-11 from the free throw line.
Vermont, which held a 13-point lead in the first half, had its margin cut down to two points after halftime when Anthony Minor scored on a layup for the Hawks (4-14, 2-3). But the Catamounts outscored Hartford 20-9 over the next 10 minutes to take a 60-47 lead to pull away.
Joe Zeglinski led the Hawks with 20 points, while Morgan Sabia had 15 points and Joel Barkers - who fouled out - added 10.
The Catamounts, who outrebounded Hartford 44-28, shot 49 percent (24-for-49) from the floor. The Hawks shot 39.4 percent (26-for-66).
- Vermont basketball player suspended for reselling textbooks Dec 24
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24
- Vermont comes calling on No. 6 Duke Nov 24
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19
- Cardinals go in search of 20th straight win Nov 19
- Hartford's Gallagher gets four-year extension Sep 18
- Iati lifts Albany over Vermont in America East title game Mar 16
- Albany takes on Vermont in America East title tilt Mar 16
- Napier, UConn top Vermont Nov 13
- Vermont seeks upset of No. 23 UConn Nov 13