Boston U dominates Albany, NY 79-58Jan 20, 2010 - 2:44 AM BOSTON(AP) -- John Holland scored 21 points and Jake O'Brien added 19 to help Boston University beat Albany (N.Y.) 79-58 on Tuesday night.
Carlos Strong made six 3-pointers for 18 points and dished out seven assists for the Terriers (10-9, 5-2 America East Conference), who as a team went 16-for-28 (57.1 percent) from beyond the arc. Corey Lowe had 12 points, six assists, five steals and four rebounds.
Boston U pulled away from the Great Danes (6-14, 1-4) early, going on a 15-3 run in the first half to claim a 25-13 advantage. A layup by Lowe pushed the Terriers' lead to 16.
Boston U didn't let up the rest of the way, pushing its the lead to 71-48 on two free throws by Holland, who shot 9-for-10 from the free throw line. He also went 5-for-11 from the floor and 2-for-4 from the 3-point line.
Mike Black was the only Albany player to score in double figures with 10 points.
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20
- Great Danes and Mountaineers tip off NCAA Tournament action Mar 18
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15