Boston U. beats Maryland-Baltimore County 79-61Jan 24, 2010 - 8:25 PM BALTIMORE(AP) -- John Holland had 25 points and 12 rebounds to lead Boston University to a 79-61 victory over Maryland-Baltimore County 79-61 on Sunday.
Jake O'Brien added 18 points as Boston U. (11-9, 6-2 America East Conference) won for the sixth time in seven games by defeating UMBC for the second time this season. The Terriers beat the Retrievers 75-63 on Jan. 12.
Boston U. took a 30-19 lead on Carlos Strong's 3-pointer with 2:54 left in the first half and Strong hit another 3 for a 35-23 advantage with 1:18 remaining.
Holland made a 3-pointer to push the lead to 40-23 with 19:45 to play in the game.
Holland was 5-for-6 on 3-point attempts to help the Terriers shoot 47.8 from beyond the arc (11-for-23).
Strong finished with 13 points and Corey Lowe added 10 for Boston U.
Chris De La Rosa scored 18 and Chauncey Gilliam added 10 for UMBC (1-19, 0-7).
rootsLMPtG1 Added 10 roots
Boston University 79, Maryland-Baltimore County 61 FinalJan 25 8:12 AM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 79
UMBC 61 FINAL
Jan 24 2:47 PM
roots#1 Cards Fan Added 5 roots
Boston University 37, Maryland-Baltimore County 23 HalfJan 24 1:49 PM
rootscamdog95 Added 5 roots
Boston University 37, Maryland-Baltimore County 23 HalfJan 24 1:45 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 37
UMBC 23 HALFTIME
Jan 24 1:45 PM
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- American takes down BU to win Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Eagles and Terriers meet for Patriot League crown Mar 12
- No. 19 UConn cruises past Boston University Nov 17
- Terriers seek upset of 19th-ranked Huskies Nov 17
- UMBC's Monroe resigns Oct 10
- Hoosiers stay hot in rout of UMBC Dec 22
- High-flying Hoosiers entertain hapless Retrievers Dec 22
- No. 25 Harvard downs BU Dec 10
- Area rivals meet in clash between Crimson and Terriers Dec 10
- Jones leaves BC for BU Jun 23