Binghamton defeats Maryland-Baltimore County 80-63Jan 28, 2010 - 2:44 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Dylan Talley scored 22 points to lead four Binghamton players in double figures as the Bearcats defeated Maryland-Baltimore County 80-63 on Wednesday night.
Binghamton (9-13, 4-3 America East Conference), which entered the game averaging 59.0 points per game, had a season-high point total in winning its second straight game. The Bearcats also snapped a five-game losing streak to the Retrievers in Baltimore while sending UMBC (1-20, 0-8) to its 11th loss in a row.
Moussa Camara and Greer Wright scored 17 points each and Mahamoud Jabbi had 10 points and a season-high 13 rebounds for the Bearcats, who outrebounded the Retrievers 39-27.
UMBC shot 27-for-57 from the floor (47.4 percent) compared to 27-for-58 shooting (46.6 percent) for Binghamton. But the Bearcats were 21-for-25 from the free throw line to the Retrievers' 6-for-12.
Chauncey Gilliam led UMBC with 18 points.
- Fair, Cooney lead No. 4 Syracuse in rout of Binghamton Dec 7
- No. 4 Syracuse hosts Binghamton Dec 7
- Binghamton provides little resistance to No. 3 Michigan Dec 11
- No. 3 Wolverines take on Bearcats Dec 11
- UMBC's Monroe resigns Oct 10
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24
- Report: Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 22
- Macon out at Binghamton Apr 30
- Hoosiers stay hot in rout of UMBC Dec 22
- High-flying Hoosiers entertain hapless Retrievers Dec 22
- English, No. 21 Mizzou race past Binghamton Nov 27
- Winless Bearcats come calling on 21st-ranked Tigers Nov 27