Vermont surges past Albany 64-46Jan 30, 2010 - 10:31 PM BURLINGTON, Vt.(AP) -- Marqus Blakely scored 14 points, including five during an 11-0 Vermont run at the start of the second half, to lead the Catamounts to a 64-46 victory over Albany (N.Y.) on Saturday.
Vermont (15-8, 6-3 America East Conference), which had lost its past three games, scored 18 of the first 19 points in the second half after trailing the Great Danes (6-18, 1-8) 29-25 at halftime.
Albany shot just 24 percent (6-for-25) in the second half, including 0-for-6 on 3-pointers. The Great Danes' 46 points were their fewest since a season-opening 75-43 loss to Syracuse and the fewest scored against Vermont this season
Joey Accaoui scored 11 points for Vermont, including three 3-pointers, and Evan Fjeld had 10 points and six rebounds.
Logan Aronhalt, Fran Urli and Mike Black scored seven points apiece to pace Albany.
- NCAA BB
VERMONT 64 FINAL
Jan 30 4:01 PM
- NCAA BB
VERMONT 25 HALFTIME
Jan 30 2:54 PM
- Vermont basketball player suspended for reselling textbooks Dec 24
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20
- Great Danes and Mountaineers tip off NCAA Tournament action Mar 18
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24