Jackson's jumper lifts UMBC past Maine 56-55Jan 30, 2010 - 9:12 PM ORONO, Maine(AP) -- Robbie Jackson hit a jumper with 1 second remaining and Maryland-Baltimore County snapped an 11-game losing streak with a 56-55 win over Maine on Saturday.
Chauncey Gilliam and Brian Neller each scored 12 points, and Adrian Satchell added 10 for the Retrievers (2-20, 1-7 America East Conference).
Trailing 51-45 with 4:14 to play, Maine (14-7, 6-2 ) tied the game at 51-51 with 2:53 remaining after two 3-pointers by Gerald McLemore. The Black Bears fell behind 54-51 before Junior Bernal hit a layup for a 55-54 lead with 1:12 remaining.
Both teams missed scoring chances before Jackson hit the game-winner after a rebound off a missed free throw.
With the loss, the Black Bears fell out of sole possession of first place in the conference and had a six-game winning streak snapped.
McLemore led the Black Bears with 16 points and Troy Barnes added 13.
- NCAA BB
MAINE 55 FINAL
Jan 30 2:14 PM
- NCAA BB
MAINE 26 HALFTIME
Jan 30 1:07 PM
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- No. 12 Connecticut crushes Maine Dec 6
- Black Bears come calling on 12th-ranked Huskies Dec 6
- UMBC's Monroe resigns Oct 10
- Hoosiers stay hot in rout of UMBC Dec 22
- High-flying Hoosiers entertain hapless Retrievers Dec 22
- No. 4 Uconn uses strong second half to defeat Maine Nov 17
- No.4 UConn plays host to Maine Nov 17
- Notre Dame steamrolls UMBC Dec 22
- Walker's triple-double guides UConn over UMBC Dec 3
- New Hampshire beats Maine 68-57, moves on to semis Mar 6
- Vermont routs Maryland-Baltimore County 76-59 Mar 6