Boston U. pulls away from New Hampshire 69-47Feb 5, 2010 - 5:39 AM BOSTON(AP) -- John Holland scored 23 points and Jake O'Brien added 15 as Boston University rallied from an early 10-point deficit to beat New Hampshire 69-47 on Thursday night.
The Terriers (12-11, 7-4 America East Conference) fell behind 19-9 with 9:31 left on a jumper by Radar Onguetou, but used a 13-3 run to tie the score at 22 with 4:12 left.
Despite shooting only 28 percent from the field in the first half (7-for-25), Boston University went into halftime ahead 28-26.
The Terriers broke the game open in the second half, shooting 52.2 percent (12-for-23) from the floor, to end a two-game skid.
Boston U. also made 26 of 33 free throws, with Holland going 10-for-12 from the line and O'Brien 8-for-10. The Wildcats made 15 of 24 free throws.
Alvin Abreu and Ferg Myrick scored 10 points each for New Hampshire (8-12, 3-6), which has lost two in a row.
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- American takes down BU to win Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Eagles and Terriers meet for Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- No. 19 UConn cruises past Boston University Nov 17
- Terriers seek upset of 19th-ranked Huskies Nov 17
- No. 25 Harvard downs BU Dec 10
- Area rivals meet in clash between Crimson and Terriers Dec 10
- Jones leaves BC for BU Jun 23