Maine defeats Maryland-Baltimore County 84-63Feb 9, 2010 - 2:49 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Gerald McLemore scored 25 points, including a career-high tying seven 3-pointers, to help lead Maine to a 84-63 win over Maryland-Baltimore County on Monday.
McLemore broke the game open for the Black Bears (16-8, 8-3 America East Conference), scoring 13 straight points. McLemore's outburst turned a 51-34 Maine lead with 12:05 left into a 64-36 advantage with 8:38 to play.
Sean McNally added 14 points and Murphy Burnatowski and Junior Bernal had 11 each for Maine, which snapped a four-game losing streak to the Retrievers (2-22, 1-10).
The Black Bears outrebounded Maryland-Baltimore County 47-20 and scored 19 second-chance points.
Maine shot 53.3 percent from the field (32 of 60), compared to 41.1 percent by the Retrievers (23 of 56).
Matt Spadafora paced Maryland-Baltimore County with 14 points, and Chauncey Gilliam and Chris De La Rosa added 10 apiece.
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- No. 12 Connecticut crushes Maine Dec 6
- Black Bears come calling on 12th-ranked Huskies Dec 6
- UMBC's Monroe resigns Oct 10
- Hoosiers stay hot in rout of UMBC Dec 22
- High-flying Hoosiers entertain hapless Retrievers Dec 22
- No. 4 Uconn uses strong second half to defeat Maine Nov 17
- No.4 UConn plays host to Maine Nov 17
- Notre Dame steamrolls UMBC Dec 22
- Walker's triple-double guides UConn over UMBC Dec 3
- New Hampshire beats Maine 68-57, moves on to semis Mar 6
- Vermont routs Maryland-Baltimore County 76-59 Mar 6