El-Amin, Martin lead Stony Brook past Maine 83-64Feb 11, 2010 - 2:51 AM STONY BROOK, N.Y.(AP) -- Muhammad El-Amin scored 24 points and Chris Martin scored 19 of his 23 in the first half as Stony Brook coasted to an 83-64 victory over Maine on Wednesday night.
The Seawolves (17-7, 9-2 America East Conference) won their sixth straight game and took sole possession of the conference lead by a half-game over Vermont.
A 3-pointer by Martin started a 15-0 Stony Brook run in the final 4:04 of the first half that gave the Seawolves a 42-19 lead. Martin scored seven points during the run and surpassed his previous season-best point total, 18 against Columbia, by halftime.
Stony Brook had a 22-11 rebounding advantage in the first half over the Black Bears (16-9, 8-4), whose four-game winning streak ended.
El-Amin's final basket gave Stony Brook its largest lead, 81-51, with 4:12 remaining.
Gerald McLemore scored 22 points to lead Maine.
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15