Stony Brook defeats Binghamton 81-61Feb 14, 2010 - 2:38 AM STONY BROOK, N.Y.(AP) -- Muhammad El-Amin scored 31 points and Stony Brook defeated Binghamton 81-61 on Saturday night, its seventh straight win.
The Seawolves (18-7, 10-2 America East Conference) shot 50.9 percent from the field (27 of 53) and scored 15 points off 14 turnovers.
El-Amin scored 19 and Marcus Rouse had all 10 of his points before halftime for a 47-33 lead.
The Bearcats (11-16, 6-6) pulled within 56-46 with 15:07 left, but the Seawolves took their biggest lead thanks to a 16-1 run. Danny Crater's tip-in put Stony Brook ahead 72-47 with 8:25 remaining.
Tommy Brenton added 11 points and 14 rebounds for Stony Brook. The Seawolves shot 55.2 percent (16 of 29) and were 4 of 8 from 3-point range in the first half.
Greer Wright scored 28 points and Moussa Camara 18 for Binghamton, which lost its third straight.
The Bearcats shot 29.6 percent in the first half (8 of 27).
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15
- Fair, Cooney lead No. 4 Syracuse in rout of Binghamton Dec 7