New Hampshire knocks off Stony Brook 77-55Feb 28, 2010 - 9:06 PM DURHAM, N.H.(AP) -- Ferg Myrick scored 21 points to lead New Hampshire to a 77-55 victory over America East Conference regular-season champion Stony Brook on Sunday.
The Wildcats (12-16, 6-10) had lost three of four, but hit nine 3-pointers in the game and shot 53.6 percent from the field (15 of 28) in the second half to snap Stony Brook's 10-game winning streak.
The Seawolves (21-8, 13-3) will be the No. 1 seed for the conference tournament, which begins March 4.
New Hampshire went on a 13-4 run in the first half to take a 28-17 lead on Alvin Abreu's 3-pointer with 3:16 remaining in the first half. Abreu, who scored 15 points, hit another 3 for a 35-21 lead with 3 seconds left.
The margin reached 46-27 on Colbey Santos' 3 with 15:14 to play.
Santos scored 12 and Dane DiLiegro added 11 for New Hampshire.
Bryan Dougher and Muhammad El-Amin scored 13 points each for Stony Brook.
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15