Young's 19 points help Pacific top Cal Poly 73-63Jan 9, 2010 - 5:37 AM SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif.(AP) -- Demetrece Young scored 19 points and Terrell Smith added 15 to lead Pacific past Cal Poly 73-63 Friday night.
Young scored 13 of his points in the second half. Joe Ford had a double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds, along with four blocks and a steal. Sam Willard added 10 points for the Tigers (9-5), who dominated the boards with a 32-25 rebounding advantage.
Lorenzo Keeler scored 18 points to lead Cal Poly (4-9), and Shawn Lewis had 17. David Hanson came off the bench to add 15 points for the Mustangs.
Shawn Lewis hit a 3-pointer 24 seconds into the second half for a 40-35 Cal Poly lead, but Pacific went on a 15-2 run to turn the game around.
The Mustangs closed the gap to one point on two occasions, the last at 55-54 with 6:49 remaining on another 3-pointer by Lewis. But the Tigers went on another run, outscoring Cal Poly 12-2 over the next 3 1/2 minutes to pull away for good.
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19