Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo holds on for 72-69 winJan 11, 2010 - 1:09 AM SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif.(AP) -- Lorenzo Keeler scored 22 points as Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo held off UC Davis 72-69 Sunday.
David Hanson added 16 for the Mustangs (5-9, 2-1 Big West), who earned their first home conference win in nearly two years. Their last was a 70-63 overtime defeat of UC Riverside on Feb. 28, 2008.
Julian Welch scored a career-high 25 points for the Aggies (6-10, 2-2), and Dominic Calegari added 23 points.
UC Davis led by as many as nine in the second half, but Cal Poly rallied to take a seven-point lead with less than a minute left. The Aggies hit three 3-pointers in the final 25 seconds but only got as close as 70-69.
Justin Brown sealed the win with two free throws with 0.9 seconds remaining.
UC Davis led 60-58 with less than three minutes to go, but Cal Poly scored nine straight points to take a 67-60 lead with 33 seconds remaining.
- NCAA BB
UC DAVIS 69
CAL POLY 72 FINAL
Jan 10 7:00 PM
- NCAA BB
UC DAVIS 35
CAL POLY 28 HALFTIME
Jan 10 5:51 PM
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Oregon routs Cal Poly Dec 2
- Cal Poly seeks upset of No. 14 Oregon Dec 1
- Gordon leads No. 6 Arizona past Cal Poly Nov 9