Davidson routs Penn 79-50Dec 29, 2009 - 2:59 AM DAVIDSON, N.C.(AP) -- Brendan McKillop scored 19 points to lead Davidson to a 79-50 win over Penn on Monday night.
McKillop led four players in double figures for Davidson (5-8). Jake Cohen scored 12 points, while Will Archambault and Ben Allison scored 10 each.
Davidson jumped out to an early 8-0 lead, and then went on an 11-1 run for a 24-8 advantage with 9:43 to play in the first half.
The Quakers (0-8) shot only 29.2 percent in the first half (7-for-24), and Davidson would built a 46-19 lead at halftime.
The Wildcats extended their lead to 71-37 with 7:39 left to play, thanks to a 19-4 run.
McKillop scored eight points during the run, including two 3-pointers.
Zack Rosen scored 14 points to lead the Quakers.
Davidson outrebounded Penn 43-30, and was 13 of 30 from beyond the 3-point arc (43.3 percent).
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20