Northeastern pulls away from Delaware 67-51Feb 3, 2010 - 4:35 AM NEWARK, Del.(AP) -- Matt Janning scored 15 of his 17 points in the first half as Northeastern pulled away from Delaware 67-51 on Tuesday night to sweep the season series.
Janning hit three 3-pointers in the first 6:32 for the Huskies (15-8, 10-2 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won 13 of their last 14 games.
The Huskies, who led 32-21 at halftime and by as many as 20 in the second half, outshot Delaware from the field 50 percent (22-for-44) to 30 percent (15-for-50).
The Blue Hens (6-17, 2-10), who lost to Northeastern 59-55 on Jan. 13, lost for the ninth time in 10 games despite 30 points from Jawan Carter. The junior guard was 8-for-15 from the floor, including 6-for-11 from beyond the arc, and 8-for-9 from the free throw line.
No other Delaware player scored more than five points.
Chaisson Allen added 15 points for Northeastern and Nkem Ojougboh had 12 rebounds.
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11