Coll. of Charleston beats Appalachian St. 73-72Feb 18, 2010 - 4:41 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Andrew Goudelock went 2-for-2 from the foul line with 19 seconds left, leading College of Charleston to a 73-72 win over Appalachian State on Wednesday night.
The Cougars (18-9, 13-3 Southern Conference) were up 71-67 with 1:48 left but Kellen Brand knocked down a 3 and a jumper, pulling the Mountaineers ahead by a point. Goudelock missed a jumper that would have put the Cougars ahead, but grabbed his own rebound only to be fouled by Appalachian State's Isaac Butts.
Goudelock, who finished with 18 points, hit both of his free throws for College of Charleston's final margin.
Jeremy Simmons notched a double-double, scoring 20 points and grabbing 10 boards for the Cougars, who stayed atop the SoCon standings with three games to play. College of Charleston plays all three contests on the road.
Donald Sims scored 18 points to lead Appalachian State (16-11, 10-5).
- NCAA BB
APPALACHIAN ST 72
COLL OF CHARLTN 73 FINAL
Feb 17 8:57 PM
- NCAA BB
APPALACHIAN ST 33
COLL OF CHARLTN 41 HALFTIME
Feb 17 7:48 PM
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Fox named Appalachian State hoops coach Apr 8
- Appalachian State fires Capel Mar 10
- Louisville takes care of business in season opener Nov 9
- Defending champion Cardinals open campaign against Cougars Nov 9
- Brooks leads Davidson to another SoCon title Mar 12
- Cat fight in SoCon title game has Charleston battling Davidson Mar 11
- Louisville has easy time with College of Charleston Dec 5