Troy defeats Valparaiso 80-64 in Legends ClassicNov 28, 2009 - 11:55 PM STATESBORO, Ga.(AP) -- Antywan Jones and Richard Delk each scored 14 points to lead Troy to an 80-64 win over Valparaiso in the Legends Classic on Saturday.
Jones also added seven rebounds and two blocks for the Trojans (4-2), while Yamene Coleman contributed 12 points and eight rebounds.
Troy took an early 12-2 lead after a 3-pointer from Delk with 15:48 remaining in the first half, and the Trojans went into halftime with a 39-28 lead.
In the second half, a layup from Vernon Taylor capped a 16-3 run, making the score 67-42 with 9:39 left in the game. It would be the Trojans' largest lead of the game, and Valparaiso would get no closer than 16 points.
The Crusaders (2-4) were led by Brandon Wood, who scored 19 points. Matt Kenney and Cory Johnson chipped in with 11 points apiece.
Troy shot 50.9 percent from the field (28-for-55).
- Lottich succeeds Drew as basketball coach at Valparaiso Apr 7
- Correction: Northern Kentucky-Valparaiso story Feb 16
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Maryland survives Valparaiso to advance Mar 20
- Terps open NCAA Tournament play against Crusaders Mar 20
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Bryce Drew, Valpo agree on new 10-year deal Dec 18
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- Nix, Michigan State cruise past Valpo in second round Mar 21
- Spartans set sights on Crusaders in NCAA Tournament tilt Mar 20
- Valpo downs Wright State for Horizon League title Mar 12