Babbitt leads Nevada to 88-82 win over Boise StateJan 21, 2010 - 6:01 AM BOISE, Idaho(AP) -- Luke Babbitt had 29 points and 10 rebounds and to lead Nevada to an 88-82 victory over Boise State on Wednesday night.
Brandon Fields added 21 points for Nevada (12-7, 4-2 Western Athletic Conference), which has won four of its last five games.
The loss was the seventh in a row for Boise State (9-11, 0-7).
After Daequon Montreal's basket with 8:24 left pulled the Broncos to within 63-61, the Wolf Pack scored the next eight points. Four came on free throws after Boise State's Kurt Cunningham was called for a foul and an ensuing technical foul for slamming the basketball to the court.
Nevada led 76-64 before Boise State trimmed the lead to five. Babbitt then scored five straight points to push the lead back to 81-69 with 2:08 left.
Robert Arnold led Boise State with 21 points, Anthony Thomas added 19 and Ike Okoye had 16 and 13 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 82 FINAL
Jan 21 12:40 AM
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 40 HALFTIME
Jan 20 11:25 PM
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12