Lipscomb pulls away to defeat Belmont 78-72Jan 27, 2010 - 3:15 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Josh Slater scored 26 points and Adnan Hodzic had 25 points and 12 rebounds to help Lipscomb defeat Belmont 78-72 on Tuesday night.
Lipscomb (10-10, 7-4 Atlantic Sun Conference) scored 11 of the game's final 12 points, turning a 71-67 deficit with 2:14 remaining into a 78-72 lead on Hodzic's two free throws with 4 seconds to play.
Hodzic scored seven of his 25 points during the game-ending run that gave the Bisons the season sweep. Lipscomb defeated Belmont (11-10, 6-5) 64-53 on Jan. 11.
Belmont led 52-39 on Keaton Belcher's layup with 12:33 remaining before the Bisons went on an 11-0 run to cut the deficit to 52-50 with 9:28 remaining.
Michael Teller added 14 points for Lipscomb, which was 26-for-28 from the free throw line.
Ian Clark hit four 3-pointers and scored 18 points for Belmont, which was 2-for-6 from the line. Belcher had 17 points.
- NCAA BB
BELMONT 72 FINAL
Jan 26 9:12 PM
- NCAA BB
BELMONT 32 HALFTIME
Jan 26 7:53 PM
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Randle helps Kentucky fend off Belmont Dec 21