Old Dominion knocks off Georgia State 75-62Feb 24, 2010 - 2:41 AM ATLANTA(AP) -- Keyon Carter and Kent Bazemore each scored 14 points to lead Old Dominion to a 75-62 victory over Georgia State on Tuesday night.
Marsharee Neely came off the bench to add 13 points as the Monarchs (22-8, 14-3 Colonial Athletic Association) scored the game's final eight points from the free throw line, going 8-for-10 in the final 47 seconds.
Old Dominion went on a 13-2 run midway through the second half to turn a 49-46 deficit into a 59-51 lead. Carter made two 3-pointers and hit a free throw and Neely converted a three-point play as the Monarchs led 56-49 with 6:57 left.
After Georgia State's Trey Hampton hit a layup, Gerald Lee, who scored 12 points, capped the run with a three-point play with 5:49 to play.
Joe Dukes scored 22 points and Hampton added 17 for Georgia State (12-18, 5-12).
Old Dominion shot 60 percent from the field (15 of 25) in the first half.
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8