Harris scores 29 to help Navy beat Lehigh 94-83Jan 15, 2010 - 3:56 AM ANNAPOLIS, Md.(AP) -- Chris Harris scored 29 points and made all 14 of his free throw attempts and Navy pulled away from Lehigh 94-83 on Thursday night.
The Midshipmen (8-9, 2-0 Patriot League), who have won four of their last five games, snapped the Mountain Hawks' six-game winning streak despite 31 points from Lehigh freshman C.J. McCollum, who tied his career-high.
The Mountain Hawks (10-7, 1-1), who entered the game having won of their last seven games at Navy, led by six in the first half. Navy eventually took a 36-33 lead into halftime.
Lehigh cut the margin to one point on five occasions in the second half, the last at 57-56 with 10:53 left. The Midshipmen used a 10-2 run to pull away, then 9-0 run put the lead into double figures for good at 83-70 with 2:11 to go.
Jeremy Wilson and Greg Brown added 14 points each for Navy.
Gabe Knutson added 16 for the Mountain Hawks.
- NCAA BB
NAVY 94 FINAL
Jan 14 9:14 PM
- NCAA BB
NAVY 36 HALFTIME
Jan 14 7:54 PM
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Lehigh's McCollum out 8-10 weeks with broken foot Jan 6
- Jefferson, Baylor easily dispatch Lehigh Nov 9
- Lehigh opens season in Lone Star State against No. 19 Baylor Nov 9
- Xavier advances with win over Lehigh Mar 19
- With spot in Sweet 16 on the line, Lehigh takes on Xavier Mar 18
- Wow! Lehigh shocks second-seeded Duke Mar 17