The Apprentice School 65, N.C. Central 86Jan 17, 2010 - 3:59 AM DURHAM, N.C. (AP) -- C.J. Wilkerson scored a season-high 30 points to lead North Carolina Central to an 86-65 win over the Newport News Apprentice School in the championship game of the BC Powder Classic on Saturday night.
Vincent Davis added 18 points for the Eagles (4-15).
The Eagles held a 42-33 lead at halftime and opened the second half with a 9-4 run to take a 51-37 lead with 17:24 left. North Carolina Central held a double-digit lead for the rest of the game, with its largest lead coming after a free throw from Johnathan Nicely made the score 86-63 with 18 seconds left.
Isaih Harrison finished with 17 points and a career-high 18 rebounds to lead the Builders (8-8). Eric Joe added 18 points and seven rebounds.
The Eagles outscored Apprentice in the paint 42-28. North Carolina Central shot 54.1 percent from the field (33-for-61), while the Builders shot 32.1 percent (18-for-56).
- NCAA BB
NC CENTRAL 86 FINAL
Jan 16 9:52 PM
- NCAA BB
NC CENTRAL 42 HALFTIME
Jan 16 8:45 PM
- Strong first half lifts Maryland past NC Central Dec 10
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 10
- Johnson powers UNC over NC Central Nov 15
- No. 6 North Carolina hosts NC Central Nov 14
- Iowa State cruises by NC Central Mar 22
- NC Central seeks upset of Iowa State Mar 21
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Carter leads Wichita State past NC Central Dec 22
- NC Central hopes to shock No. 11 Wichita State Dec 22
- No. 23 Indiana rolls over NC Central Feb 23
- Indiana steps out of conference to entertain NC Central Feb 22