Saint Joseph's 85, Penn 64Jan 26, 2010 - 2:31 AM PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Darrin Govens scored 17 points and Carl Jones added 16 to help Saint Joseph's defeat Pennsylvania 85-64.
The Hawks (8-11) shot 44.3 percent (27 of 61), while forcing 27 Quakers' turnovers.
St. Joseph's ended the first half with 13 straight points, breaking a 27-27 tie with 5:48 left until halftime. Idris Hilliard capped the run on a free throw with 1:19 remaining in the half, and the Hawks led 40-27 at halftime.
Hilliard scored 12 points for Saint Joseph's, which won its third straight, and fifth in a row against Pennsylvania (1-13).
The Hawks led by as many as 35 points, 79-44, on Carl Jones' 3-pointer with 7:20 to play.
Jack Eggleston scored 10 points for the Quakers, who lost for the third straight time. Zack Rosen, who scored in double figures in the past 11 games, was held to eight points against Saint Joseph's.
- NCAA BB
SAINT JOSEPHS 85
PENN 64 FINAL
Jan 25 9:03 PM
- NCAA BB
SAINT JOSEPHS 40
PENN 27 HALFTIME
Jan 25 7:54 PM
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- Sharp shooting leads VCU past Saint Joseph's Jan 11
- Hawks seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Jan 10