Coppin State downs West Virginia Tech 62-53Nov 15, 2009 - 3:24 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Kareem Brown scored 17 points and Branden Doughty had 13 points and 10 rebounds to lead Coppin State to a 63-52 victory over West Virginia Tech on Saturday night.
The Eagles (2-0) won their first two games of the season for the second time in three years.
Coppin State dominated on the break, turning West Virginia Tech's 21 turnovers into 18 fast-break points and snapping the Golden Bears' four-game winning streak.
Coppin State led 30-23 at halftime and extended its advantage in the second half despite going 11-for-27 from the field (40.7 percent). The Eagles were 11-for-14 from the line (78.6 percent) in the second half.
Vince Goldsberry added 12 points and George Jackson finished with 10 points for the Eagles.
Robby Marshall, who entered the game averaging 16 points a game, led West Virginia Tech (5-2) with 12 points and Russell Allen added 10 points.
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- No. 1 Indiana rolls over Coppin State Dec 2
- No. 1 Indiana plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 24 Illinois races past Coppin State Dec 11
- Coppin State seeks upset of No. 24 Illinois Dec 11
- Napier's triple-double leads UConn past Coppin State Nov 20
- Coppin State pays visit to No. 4 UConn Nov 20
- Hamilton, Texas rout Coppin State Dec 31