Western Illinois defeats Greenville 84-46Nov 29, 2009 - 3:45 AM MACOMB, Ill.(AP) -- Tommie Tyler scored 22 points and Western Illinois turned the game into a rout in the second half Saturday night, defeating Greenville College 84-46.
The Leathernecks (3-3) led 34-25 at halftime but shot 62 percent in the second half to pull away. Western Illinois shot 48 percent for the game compared to just 25 percent for Greenville, a Division III school in Illinois located 45 miles from St. Louis.
Ceola Clark scored 10 points and James Granstra had 11 rebounds for Western Illinois.
LaPhonso Ellis, son of the former NBA player with the same name, scored 13 points to lead Greenville. K.J. Hilliard added 10 points for the Panthers.
- Callahan lifts South Dakota State over Western Illinois in OT Mar 7
- Leathernecks and Jackrabbits seek Summit League championship Mar 6
- Michigan holds off Western Illinois Nov 18
- Leathernecks seek upset of 17th-ranked Wolverines Nov 17
- Glenn leads IUPUI over Western Illinois 77-68 Mar 7
- North Dakota State pulls out overtime win, 63-59 Feb 27
- South Dakota State stymies Western Illinois 66-53 Feb 25
- Clark propels Western Illinois over UMKC 64-59 Feb 20
- Lander, Western Illinois drop Southern Utah 63-49 Feb 18
- Western Illinois defeats Centenary 64-55 Feb 13
- Western Illinois staves off Oral Roberts 64-62 Feb 11
- Glenn's 27 lead IUPUI past Western Illinois 70-42 Feb 6