Southeast Missouri handles Norfolk State 75-54Nov 29, 2009 - 9:53 PM NORMAL, Ill.(AP) -- Sam Pearson scored 21 points and Cameron Butler had a double-double to propel Southeast Missouri to a 75-54 victory over Norfolk State on Sunday on the final day of the Basketball Travelers Classic.
Butler scored 19 points and pulled down 10 rebounds for the Redhawks (2-5), and Marland Smith contributed 13 points.
Michael Deloach led the Spartans (1-5) with 19 points. Rob Hampton scored 13 points, and Kyle O'Quinn grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds.
Southeast Missouri outshot Norfolk State 50.0 percent to 38.5 percent, and the Spartans were just 4 of 19 (21.2 percent) from 3-point range.
The Redhawks, who went 1-2 in the round-robin event, ended a three-game losing streak. The Spartans were winless in the tournament.
Jajuan Maxwell's layup gave SEMO a 19-18 lead midway through the first half, and the Redhawks were never headed.
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- Norfolk State pays visit to No. 9 Virginia Nov 16
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- Evans leaving Norfolk State Apr 15
- Warren, Wolfpack roll past Spartans Dec 16
- Wolfpack set to pounce on visiting Spartans Dec 15
- Illinois remains undefeated, downs Norfolk State Dec 12
- 10th-ranked Illini set sights on Spartans Dec 11
- No. 12 Mizzou snaps to attention, beats SE Missouri State Dec 5