Ball State hammers Toledo, 71-43Jan 17, 2010 - 8:56 PM MUNCIE, Ind.(AP) -- Terrence Watson had 17 points and 11 rebounds to lead Ball State to a 71-43 victory over Toledo on Sunday.
Jauwan Scaife led the Cardinals (7-8, 1-2 Mid-American) with 20 points. Ball State, which shot 50 percent from the field, never trailed in the contest and was ahead by double figures midway through the first half. The Cardinals led 40-22 at halftime.
Brawley Chisholm scored all nine of his points in the first half for Ball State, and Jarrod Jones contributed nine rebounds in the game. Ten players scored for the Cardinals.
Malcolm Griffin and Jake Barnett scored 12 points each for Toledo (3-14, 0-3). It was the Rockets' seventh straight loss.
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15