Quinnipiac defeats Central Connecticut State 75-62Jan 24, 2010 - 8:16 PM HAMDEN, Conn.(AP) -- Justin Rutty had 26 points and 14 rebounds in Quinnipiac's 75-62 win over Central Connecticut State on Sunday.
The Bobcats, who have won seven straight, trailed 28-25 at halftime, and shot 55.3 percent in the second half (21 of 38).
Quinnipiac (13-6, 7-1 Northeast Conference) opened the second half on a 13-2 run and led 38-30 on James Johnson's 3-pointer with 16:36 remaining.
The Bobcats were 5 of 8 from the field during the run, while the Blue Devils (5-14, 2-6) were just 1 of 5.
Quinnipiac, which trailed by as many as eight with 7:36 to go until halftime, extended its lead to 73-55 on Johnson's dunk with 2:21 to play.
Johnson finished with 13 points and James Feldeine added 12 for the Bobcats, who completed a sweep of Central Connecticut State for the first time since 1973-74.
Shemik Thompson and Markeys Deans scored 12 points each for the Blue Devils.
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL CONN 62
QUINNIPIAC 75 FINAL
Jan 24 1:55 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL CONN 28
QUINNIPIAC 25 HALFTIME
Jan 24 12:50 PM
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Dickenman retires after 20 years at Central Connecticut Feb 19
- CCSU holds off late charge by Robert Morris to win, 75-70 Feb 4
- Robert Morris uses late first-half run, beats CCSU 59-45 Jan 21
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- Ross leads No. 5 Buckeyes over CCSU Dec 7
- Blue Devils face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Buckeyes Dec 7
- Boeheim matches Knight as Syracuse rolls Dec 31
- Boeheim in search of yet another milestone Dec 31
- No. 1 Indiana pounds Central Connecticut State Dec 9
- No. 1 Indiana continues to gear up for Big Ten play Dec 8