Davidson routs The College of New Jersey 90-49Dec 18, 2009 - 2:58 AM DAVIDSON, N.C.(AP) -- Jake Cohen scored a career-high 23 points and blocked four shots, and Steve Rossiter had 12 points and 11 rebounds to lead Davidson in a 90-49 rout of The College of New Jersey on Thursday night.
The Wildcats (3-7), who snapped a two-game skid, shot 52.2 percent (36-for-69), including 14-for-32 from 3-point range, and had 33 assists.
The Lions (4-5) lost their fourth straight game after shooting 28.8 percent (19-for-66) from the field and scoring only five points in the final 7:58.
TCNJ, a Division III school, had not played a Division I opponent since losing to Princeton 59-50 on Jan. 26, 1998.
After Davidson led 54-23 at halftime, the Lions pulled within 26 points with 16:06 left, but could get no closer.
Bryant Barr added 18 points for the Wildcats and JP Kuhlman had 13.
Aaron Syvertsen scored 15 of his 20 points in the second half to lead TCNJ.
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7
- UVa shakes off slow start, downs Davidson Dec 30
- Wildcats come calling on third-ranked Cavaliers Dec 30