Arkansas-Little Rock beats Lyon, 78-69Dec 6, 2009 - 11:09 PM LITTLE ROCK, Ark.(AP) -- Alex Garcia-Mendoza scored 18 points as Arkansas-Little Rock defeated Lyon, 78-69, on Sunday.
The Trojans (4-5) led 43-25 at halftime and by as many as 26 in the second half before Lyon rallied against UALR's reserves, getting within 72-63 with 3:27 remaining before the Trojans sealed it at the free-throw line.
Solomon Bozeman scored 13 points and Matt Mouzy 12. Garcia-Mendoza also had a team-high seven rebounds. Lionel Foster had eight points and seven assists and Montrell Thornton blocked five shots in 17 minutes.
Andy Lee had a game-high 22 points, including 4-for-4 in 3-pointers, for Lyon (3-7). James Jackson scored 15 and Quinn Cooper 13 for the Scots, who are members of the NAIA.
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13
- No. 11 Florida cruises past Arkansas-Little Rock Nov 16
- Trojans come calling on 11th-ranked Gators Nov 16
- No. 11 Cincinnati dispatches Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 6
- Bearcats get set to battle Trojans Dec 6
- No. 2 Kentucky rips Arkansas-Little Rock Jan 4
- No.2 Wildcats and Trojans meet at Freedom Hall Jan 3
- UNC-Asheville edges UALR in NCAA tourney opener Mar 15
- Bozeman lifts Arkansas-Little Rock to Sun Belt crown Mar 8