Drexel routs Towson 97-55Feb 3, 2010 - 3:16 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Chris Fouch scored 28 points and 11 Drexel players scored in a 97-55 victory over Towson on Tuesday night.
Fouch, a freshman, was 6-for-7 from beyond the arc as the Dragons went 12-for-24.
The Dragons (13-11, 8-4 Colonial Athletic Association) hit six 3-pointers and shot 54.1 percent from the field (20-for-37) to build a 47-30 halftime lead and win for the fourth time in five games.
Leading 17-16, Drexel pulled away with a 17-3 run to take a 34-19 advantage with 7:29 remaining. Derrick Thomas, who scored 12 points, hit a jumper to extend the Dragons' lead to 47-30 with 45 seconds left in the first half.
Samme Givens had eight points and 10 rebounds and Kevin Phillip added nine points and nine boards for Drexel, which outrebounded Towson 45-32 and swept the season series.
Isaiah Philmore led Towson (5-17, 2-10), which has lost five of six, with 12 points.
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- Drexel can't hold early lead, falls to No. 4 Arizona Nov 27
- Wildcats set sights on Dragons in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27
- Wiggins leads Kansas past Towson Nov 22
- Towson hits road to challenge No. 2 Kansas Nov 22
- UCLA wins opener over Drexel Nov 9
- Alford era begins, as Bruins battle Dragons Nov 8
- Towson's Skerry given contract extension Aug 15
- Poor shooting Hoyas overcome Towson Dec 8