Lafayette defeats Lehigh 90-75Feb 21, 2010 - 10:23 PM EASTON, Pa.(AP) -- Ryan Willen scored 22 points and Jeff Kari added 18 on 6-of-7 3-pointers to help Lafayette defeat Lehigh 90-75 on Sunday.
The Leopards (16-11, 7-5 Patriot League) shot 55.2 percent from 3-point range (16 of 29) and 59.3 percent from the field (32 of 54).
Lafayette's hot shooting, along with 20 points from the bench, overcame 17 turnovers which led to 24 Mountain Hawks points.
Lehigh opened with a 10-2 lead, but the Leopards answered with six 3-pointers and outscored the Mountain Hawks 18-4 to take a 20-15 lead with 12:51 left in the first half. A Darion Benbow jumper and a Levi Giese 3 gave Lehigh a 25-18 advantage at the under-12 minute media timeout.
C.J. McCollum had his third double-double with 28 points and 10 rebounds for Lehigh (17-10, 9-3), which snapped a two-game winning streak and lost for just the second time in its last six games.
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13