Western Illinois trounces Culver-Stockton 73-36Dec 10, 2009 - 3:32 AM MACOMB, Ill.(AP) -- David Nurse scored 18 points to lead Western Illinois in a 73-36 rout of Culver-Stockton Wednesday night.
Quenton Kirby scored 16 points and Matt Lander 13 for the Leathernecks (4-5), who outrebounded Culver-Stockton 46-22. Western Illinois led 44-19 at halftime and added to their margin after that.
All five of Nurse's field goals were 3-pointers. He had one more 3-pointer than Culver-Stockton, which was 4-for-20 on the night from behind the line.
Jason Gillespie, with 16 points, was the only player in double figures for the Wildcats (2-7), who are members of the NAIA. Gillespie made six shots out of his team's 13 field goals in the game. Culver-Stockton made just 31 percent of its shots from the field.
- Callahan lifts South Dakota State over Western Illinois in OT Mar 7
- Leathernecks and Jackrabbits seek Summit League championship Mar 6
- Michigan holds off Western Illinois Nov 18
- Leathernecks seek upset of 17th-ranked Wolverines Nov 17
- Glenn leads IUPUI over Western Illinois 77-68 Mar 7
- North Dakota State pulls out overtime win, 63-59 Feb 27
- South Dakota State stymies Western Illinois 66-53 Feb 25
- Clark propels Western Illinois over UMKC 64-59 Feb 20
- Lander, Western Illinois drop Southern Utah 63-49 Feb 18
- Western Illinois defeats Centenary 64-55 Feb 13
- Western Illinois staves off Oral Roberts 64-62 Feb 11
- Glenn's 27 lead IUPUI past Western Illinois 70-42 Feb 6