Samhan leads Saint Mary's over Howard, 94-46Dec 31, 2009 - 5:38 AM MORAGA, Calif.(AP) -- Omar Samhan had 23 points, 11 rebounds and tied the school record for blocks with nine to lead St. Mary's to a 94-46 win over Howard in the Shamrock Office Solutions Classic on Wednesday.
Samhan, the Gaels' 6-foot-11 senior center, tied the school record set by Brad Millard in 1999. He had six of his nine blocks in the first half. Saint Mary's had 17 blocks overall, also a school record.
Mickey McConnell added 11 points and 11 assists while Mitch Young had 12 points for the Gaels (13-2), who have won 11 of their last 12 games.
Paul Kirkpatrick had nine points and seven rebounds for Howard (1-12).
- Gonzaga comes alive late to top Saint Mary's Feb 22
- Zags seek multiple milestones in WCC showdown with Gaels Feb 21
- No. 3 Gonzaga pulls away to rout St. Mary's Jan 23
- Gaels and Zags square off in pivotal WCC clash Jan 22
- Harrison guides St. John's past St. Mary's Dec 20
- Gaels come calling on 20th-ranked Red Storm Dec 19
- Gonzaga rolls through Saint Mary's Jan 3
- Early WCC showdown pits Gaels against Zags Jan 2
- Memphis holds off Saint Mary's, advances to third round Mar 21
- Gaels get together with Tigers for second-round rumble Mar 20
- Hail to the Gaels; Saint Mary's tops MTSU to gain Memphis matchup Mar 20
- Gaels, Blue Raiders square off in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 19