Nunnally, UC Santa Barbara trounce UC Davis 68-47Jan 9, 2010 - 6:17 AM SANTA BARBARA, Calif.(AP) -- James Nunnally scored 17 points and keyed a late charge to lift UC Santa Barbara past UC Davis 68-47 on Friday night.
After UC Davis had cut the Gauchos' lead to 45-40, Nunnally scored eight points in a 21-4 run that put UCSB ahead 66-44 with 1:56 left.
The Gauchos (7-6, 2-1 Big West) got 14 points from Jaime Serna, 12 from Orlando Johnson and 10 from James Powell.
Julian Welch scored 12 for the Aggies (6-9, 2-1), who got 11 apiece from Joe Harden and Dominic Calegari.
UC Santa Barbara had a major shooting advantage, hitting 28 of 49 (58.3 percent) to 17 of 43 (39.5 percent) for UC Davis. UCSB also had a 29-22 rebounding edge.
After a 26-26 tie at intermission, the Gauchos opened the second half with Serna's three-point play for a 29-26 edge. The Aggies twice trimmed it to one but never led again.
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- UCLA takes care of UC Santa Barbara Dec 4
- Gauchos and Bruins mix it up in Golden State fracas Dec 3
- San Diego State handles UC Santa Barbara Dec 7
- No. 17 Aztecs play host to Gauchos Dec 6
- Long Beach State downs UCSB for Big West title Mar 11
- Gauchos greet 49ers in Big West title game Mar 10
- Rebels down UCSB in double overtime Dec 1
- No. 18 UNLV pays visit to UC Santa Barbara Nov 30
- Florida has little trouble dumping UC Santa Barbara Mar 18