COST 58, Alabama St. 64Nov 25, 2009 - 4:33 AM MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) -- Tramayne Moorer scored 20 points and Menji Mundadi added 19 to lead Alabama State past Columbus State 64-58 on Tuesday night.
The Hornets (1-2) trailed 32-24 with 18:51 left to play before going a 14-6 run for their biggest lead. Mundadi put Alabama State ahead 38-36 on a 3-pointer with 15:41 remaining.
The two teams then went back and forth, giving the Cougars (1-1) a 44-42 lead. But the Hornets scored 11 straight points for a 53-44 lead on a jump shot by Moorer with 7:42 to go. Mundadi scored six and Moorer had five points during the run.
Alabama State trailed 26-24 at halftime after shooting 31 percent (9 of 29). The Hornets shot 56.5 percent (13 of 23) and Mundadi scored 16 points in the second half.
Donta Ridley scored 19 points and Nick Gagnon and Lamar Williams added 10 each for the Cougars.
- NCAA BB
COLUMBUS STATE 58
ALABAMA ST 64 FINAL
Nov 24 9:54 PM
- NCAA BB
COLUMBUS STATE 26
ALABAMA ST 24 HALFTIME
Nov 24 8:47 PM
- Florida stomps Alabama State Nov 11
- Gators officially open season against visiting Hornets Nov 11
- No. 21 Cincinnati routs Alabama State Nov 14
- 21st-ranked Bearcats open season against visiting Hornets Nov 13
- Johnson scores 29, leads UTSA to 1st NCAA tourney win Mar 16
- Alabama State wins SWAC title over Grambling Mar 13
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff tops Alabama State 46-44 Mar 12
- Alabama State defeats Alabama A&M 56-45 in SWAC Mar 11
- Jackson State defeats Alabama State 60-59 Mar 6
- Alabama State defeats Grambling State 81-76 Mar 4
- Alabama State pulls away late for 52-43 victory Mar 2
- Alabama State defeats Texas Southern 69-61 Feb 27