Kennesaw State disposes of MVSU 85-68 in ChicagoNov 28, 2009 - 8:11 PM CHICAGO(AP) -- Markeith Cummings scored 22 points and Kurtis Woods added 15 points and eight rebounds as Kennesaw State coasted to an 85-68 victory over Mississippi Valley State on Saturday in the Chicago Invitational Challenge.
Jon-Michael Nickerson added 14 points and 13 rebounds for Kennesaw State (3-3), which led the entire game.
Nickerson had back-to-back baskets and Woods made a 3-pointer to propel Kennesaw State an early 26-4 lead.
Ricky Lamb led MVSU (1-6) with 16 points and seven rebounds, and Tashan Newsome and Shannon Behling has 12 points apiece.
Kennesaw State outrebounded the Delta Devils 47-32.
Cummings scored 12 first-half points for the Owls, who led 39-20 at the half.
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11