Taylor helps Chattanooga defeat Longwood 74-70Nov 28, 2009 - 8:17 PM SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas(AP) -- Ricky Taylor scored 21 points and Ridge McKeither added 19 on Saturday to lead Chattanooga to a 74-70 victory against Longwood in the seventh-place game of the South Padre Island Invitational.
Taylor was 4-of-6 from 3-point range for the Mocs (3-3).
Antwan Carter and Dana Smith had 18 points each for Longwood (0-7).
Chattanooga, which trailed by seven points at halftime, took a 73-70 lead on a jumper by Keegan Bell with 33 seconds remaining. Longwood's Kevin Swecker missed a 3-point attempt in the final seconds, and Taylor concluded the scoring with a free throw.
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9
- Chattanooga fires Shulman Mar 21
- Gillian resigns as Longwood men's hoops coach Mar 14
- Porter, Georgetown rout Longwood Dec 10