Stephenson lifts N.C.-Asheville past Gardner-WebbDec 5, 2009 - 7:06 AM BOILING SPRINGS, N.C.(AP) -- Chris Stephenson's two-handed putback off the glass with 1.6 seconds left gave N.C-Asheville a 58-56 victory over Gardner-Webb on Friday night in the Big South opener for both teams.
Stephenson scored all 13 of his points in the second half for Asheville (1-6). Sean Smith led the Bulldogs with 18 points.
Anton Silver scored 14 points, all in the second half, for Gardner-Webb (3-3).
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- Thompson and Thomas help Buckeyes down Bulldogs Dec 15