Princeton routs Goucher 88-35Jan 24, 2010 - 10:52 PM PRINCETON, N.J.(AP) -- Douglas Davis scored 22 points and Princeton defeated Goucher 88-35 on Sunday.
The Tigers (9-5) had a school record 20 steals against the Division III Gophers (5-11).
All 14 Tigers who saw playing time had at least one steal, and Marcus Schroeder tallied four. Princeton scored 41 points off 25 turnovers.
Princeton, returning from finals break and playing its first game since Jan. 6, had its largest margin of victory since a 54-point win against McDaniel on Jan. 28 2002, and scored its most points since a 99-56 win over Ursinus on Jan. 27, 2003.
Will Barrett scored 13 points, Dan Mavraides 12 and Ian Hummer 10 for the Tigers, who shot 53.1 percent from the field (34 of 64).
The Gophers, who trailed 44-17, made just 26.9 percent of their shots in the second half (7 of 26).
Pat Bailey was Goucher's leading scorer with six points.
- NCAA BB
PRINCETON 88 FINAL
Jan 24 4:44 PM
- NCAA BB
PRINCETON 44 HALFTIME
Jan 24 3:45 PM
- Princeton forward Hans Brase to miss basketball season Nov 15
- Southerland, Syracuse roll over Princeton Nov 21
- No. 6 Orange set to pounce on Tigers Nov 21
- Princeton continues home dominance of Harvard Feb 12
- 25th-ranked Crimson set sights on Tigers Feb 11
- Kentucky escapes with last second win over Princeton Mar 17
- Princeton tops Harvard on last second basket, wins Ivy League Mar 12
- Jordan leads unbeaten UCF past Princeton Dec 30
- Duke begins title defense with rout of Princeton Nov 15
- Mitchell leads Saint Louis into CBI championship Mar 25
- Princeton knocks off Penn 68-56 Mar 9
- Princeton beats Harvard 54-51 Mar 6