Longwood defeats Virginia Intermont 101-66Feb 12, 2010 - 2:18 AM FARMVILLE, Va.(AP) -- Dana Smith scored a career-high 27 points and grabbed 13 rebounds, and Longwood defeated Virginia Intermont 101-66 on Thursday night.
Smith, who had his eighth double-double of the season, surpassed the 1,400-point mark for his career.
Antwan Carter had 17 points and 15 rebounds for his seventh double-double of the season and third in a row. Martiz Washington added 14 points and Billy Robinson Jr. had 11 for the Lancers (9-16), who won their fifth straight game.
Longwood outrebounded the NAIA Cobras 57-32 and scored 25 second-chance points. The Lancers converted 25 turnovers, including 10 steals, into 24 points.
It was the second-highest point total of the season for the Lancers, who scored 112 points in a win over Washington Adventist on Jan. 30.
Delonte McDaniel scored 12 points and Jordan Spurling added 10 for the Cobras (1-25).
- Gillian resigns as Longwood men's hoops coach Mar 14
- Porter, Georgetown rout Longwood Dec 10
- Georgetown plays host to Longwood Dec 10
- No. 14 Creighton soars past Longwood Nov 21
- Longwood faces long odds in clash with No. 14 Creighton Nov 20
- Simpson scores 22 as Hampton beats Longwood 95-81 Mar 1
- Longwood knocks off NC Central 83-69 Feb 25
- Curtis leads James Madison past Longwood 96-86 Feb 22
- Longwood starts quickly, tops Savannah State 68-54 Feb 20
- Longwood sinks Southern Virginia 96-77 Feb 17
- North Carolina Central defeats Longwood 81-78 Feb 13