Towson prevails in 82-74 win over HamptonDec 20, 2009 - 9:37 PM TOWSON, Md.(AP) -- Calvin Lee scored 18 points and Troy Franklin finished with 17 to lead Towson to an 82-74 win over Hampton on Sunday.
Robert Nwankwo added 11 points and a career-high 18 rebounds for the Tigers (3-5), while RaShawn Polk chipped in with 12 points.
The game was originally scheduled for Saturday, but was postponed due to inclement weather.
Towson used an 11-2 run late in the first half to jump out to a 40-28 lead, and the Tigers led 40-30 at halftime.
The Pirates (2-9) trailed for much of the second half but went on a 10-0 run, and a 3-pointer from Vincent Simpson cut Towson's lead to 68-65 with 3:44 remaining. Another 3 from Simpson made the score 72-70 with 1:26 left, but the Tigers made 10 of 10 free throws down the stretch to secure the win.
Simpson led Hampton with 31 points on 12 of 22 shooting.
- NCAA BB
TOWSON 82 FINAL
Dec 20 4:03 PM
- NCAA BB
TOWSON 40 HALFTIME
Dec 20 2:51 PM
- UVa routs Hampton 81-45 after Bennett collapses, returns Mar 17
- No. 1 seed Virginia keeps focus on Hampton - not Spartans Mar 16
- Kentucky starts slow, still pummels Hampton Mar 20
- No. 1 Kentucky opens with matchup against Hampton Mar 19
- Hampton tops Manhattan, advances to play Kentucky Mar 18
- Hampton and Manhattan open NCAA Tournament Mar 17
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- No. 23 Syracuse takes down Hampton Nov 16
- Pirates come calling on 23rd-ranked Orange Nov 16
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- Wiggins leads Kansas past Towson Nov 22